Refer to the Board of Pharmacy Calendar for current Continuing Education Programs.
All CE programs are subject to change. Prior to attending a CE Program please verify the date and time on the calendar linked above.
Continuing Education Program Approval Form This form must be completed & submitted to the Board of Pharmacy 21 days prior to the program date.
Annual Continuing Education Requirements
- ACPE or CME. At a minimum, twelve of the CPE hours obtained (1.2 CEU) must be all or a combination of ACPE or CME accredited programs. ACPE accredited activities for pharmacists must have a participant designation of "P" as the suffix of the ACPE universal program number. A suffix of "T" indicates credit for technicians.
- Board approved. A maximum of three of the CPE hours obtained (0.3 CEU) may be board-approved programs not accredited through ACPE or CME.
- Pharmacy Law. One of the CPE hours obtained (0.1 CEU) must address federal, state, or local laws pertaining to the practice of pharmacy.
- Live Attendance. Three of the CPE hours obtained (0.3 CEU) must be by attendance at live or synchronous online CPE programs.
- Immunizer Qualification. To maintain qualification to administer immunizations, a minimum of one of the ACPE-approved CPE hours obtained (0.1 CEU) must be related to vaccines, immunizations, or their administration.
- Sterile Compounding Requirement. To engage in the practice of sterile compounding a minimum of one of the CPE hours obtained (0.1 CEU) must be ACPE accredited and related to the practice of sterile compounding.
Each pharmacist applicant for license renewal must annually complete fifteen CPE hours (1.5 CEU). Licensure renewal takes place each year on June 30. Current requirements are as follows: